RESEARCH & REPORTS
Youth Opinion Research Survey.
To gather research and generate reports on local and educational issues.
The Youth Opinion Research Survey was created to anonymously gather the views of young people, on subjects such as alcohol, drugs, litter, smoking, policing and safety, to help direct public funding where it is needed most.
Using the data collected in the survey, Xynics created comprehensive and comparative reports for the town, as well as schools and year groups. The council, local education authority and police all acted upon the conclusions of the reports, with follow-up surveys later distributed for ‘before and after’ analysis.
Following budget cuts to the project, Xynics stepped in and made amendments that meant the surveys could be take place free of charge throughout the UK, with results being shared with interested parties for a nominal fee.
- In areas where students felt unsafe after dark, street lighting was improved and police community support officers were deployed.
- Steps were taken to reduce the sale of alcohol and tobacco to underage youths.
- CCTV was installed in areas where bullying was an issue.
- Funding was dedicated to keeping the streets cleaned.
- Efforts were taken to reduce the availability of illegal drugs.
- Additional funding was directed to selected schools to improve facilities and educational support.